Wednesday 23 August 2017

ERWIN TULFO, DIRETSAHANG TINANONG SI PRESIDENT DUTERTE TUNGKOL SA PAGKAMATAY NI KIAN...



President Rodrigo Duterte won the 2016 elections due to his promise of ridding the country of illegal drugs. Fast forward to 2017 and many citizens are now questioning his methods of fighting crime. However, the president assured that there are no lapses being committed in his war against drugs.

In a recent interview during a press briefing, journalist Erwin Tulfo asked the president himself about the recent issue of 17-year-old Kian delos Santos‘ death. Tulfo asked President Duterte whether he agrees that the opposition is sensationalizing the death of Kian in order to bring him down? But what the president said next was quite unexpected.

Tulfo asked during the press conference:

“Do you agree, because some of our netizens think na pinalaki na masyado itong issue ni Kian, na yung mga kalaban mo or yung mga ayaw sa gobyerno mo is using the death of Kian [to bring you down]?”

Instead of immediately answering the question, President Duterte first admitted that there are indeed some lapses when it comes to fighting off alleged drug users and pushers. He stated:

“There is a possibility that some of the police incidents could be abuses, I admit that.”

However, he also mentioned that he encourages those who oppose him to “bring him down” if they truly don’t want him to fulfill his duties as the leader of this country. He then said:


“Pero yung gusto nila to put me down, I encourage them to do it. Now, kung ang sabihin ng gobyerno is that they will have to defend the public, then that is the time I say that I have a sworn duty to protect the people and defend the republic.

Pag nawala ako and ganito ang sitwasyon, then remember me and remember my warning that I have to do this because I have to protect the people.

In all of my public addresses, ito lang ang sinabi ko. If I become president, I will stop drugs, corruption in the government, and I will make this country stable by going after criminals.”

The president even stated that he will not condone the unruly behavior of police officers who are destroying the credibiltiy of the government. As a warning, he said:

“Pati yung mga pulis na mag-aresto sabay kidnap. Saan ka makakita dito ng mga pulis na mag-raid tapos may pirma na? Meron nang deed of sale. P***ina nyo, di nyo ako kaya. T***ina nyo mga pulis kayo. You’re destroying the credibility of the government. If the government is not credible anymore, nobody will obey and the government will collapse!”

When asked what his message his to all the people doubting his adminsitration, he simply said:

“I do the very best I know and the very best I can and I mean to keep doing so until the end. I cannot answer [to] everyone basta gagawin ko lang yung ginagawa ko.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Internet connection problems will end soon! Thanks to President Duterte!

Internet connection problems will end soon! Thanks to President Duterte! Foreign competitors about to arrive in the country! Our sufferi...